Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Kylie celebrates NINTH number one album with Tension: 'Ill hold onto this moment forever!'

2023-09-30 02:15
Kylie Minogue has achieved her ninth number one album with 'Tension' and thanked fans for helping her hit the top of the charts yet again.
Kylie celebrates NINTH number one album with Tension: 'Ill hold onto this moment forever!'

Kylie Minogue has achieved her ninth number one album with 'Tension'.

The 55-year-old pop superstar has released 16 albums since beginning her music career in the late 1980s and has thanked her fans for getting her latest record - which includes the megahit 'Padam Padam' - to the top of the charts on Friday (29.09.23) in both the UK and her native Australia.

She wrote on Instagram: "Baby can’t you feel that my heart is beating .. TENSION is NUMBER ONE in the UK and AUSTRALIA!! THANK YOU to everyone who bought it, streamed it, and made it YOURS … I am in awe of the love and support you’ve shown me. I will hold on to this moment forever!!"(sic)

The dance record joins 1988 debut 'Kylie' - famed for the tracks 'I Should Be So Lucky' and 'Locomotion' - along with 1989’s 'Enjoy Yourself', notable for the single 'Hand On Your Heart' and 1992 compilation 'Greatest Hits' amongst her albums to have hit the top spot.

Her 2001 smash hit 'Fever' - which spawned her signature tune 'Can't Get You Out of My Head' - along with 2010's 'Aphrodite', the country-inspired 'Golden' in 2018 , 2019 compilation 'Step Back in Time: The Definitive Collection' and 2020's 'Disco' make up the rest of her records to go to number one.

The 'Spinning Around' legend is now on par with Bob Dylan and Coldplay on the list of acts boasting the most number ones on the Official Chart; each with nine to their name to date.

The only female solo artists with more are 'Anti-Hero' songstress Taylor Swift, who has 10 albums to hit the top of the charts, and 'Material Girl' hitmaker Madonna, who has a total of 12.