Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Was George Stephanopoulos on the hit sitcom 'Will & Grace'? 'GMA' host's wife Ali Wentworth shares clip from show recalling his fame

2023-08-03 13:15
Ali Wentworth thanked actor Sean Hayes, who played Jack McFarland in 'Will & Grace', while sharing the clip
Was George Stephanopoulos on the hit sitcom 'Will & Grace'? 'GMA' host's wife Ali Wentworth shares clip from show recalling his fame

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: 'Good Morning America's George Stephanopoulos is undoubtedly a fan favorite host, and his followers are more eager to hear about his life, thanks to his wife, actress and producer, Ali Wentworth.

However, only his most ardent followers will know that Stephanopoulos has had some mentions in popular television sitcoms. One of them came to light recently when his wife posted a clip on her Instagram, pointing out Stephanopoulos' name being taken in the hit 90s sitcom, 'Will & Grace'.

Was George Stephanopoulos on the hit sitcom 'Will & Grace'?

NBC's hit sitcom 'Will & Grace' started airing in 1998. The show revolves around the life of Will Truman (Eric McCormack), a gay lawyer, who allows his best friend Grace Adler (Debra Messing), an interior designer, to stay in his house temporarily after her marriage falls apart. Sean Hayes also appeared on the show playing Jack McFarland, Will’s college friend. The show, which went on for 11 seasons, aired its last episode in April 2020, but its reruns and clips are popular among its hardcore fans. And it turns out Stephanopoulos' wife, Wentworth is one among them.

Wentworth recently shared a clip where Will and Jack looked at each other and jokingly replied, "George Stephanopoulos," when the bartender asked, "What’s your pleasure?" Though the 'GMA' host didn’t have an acting role in the show, his name being taken portrayed his significant position. Ali shared the video on her Instagram with the caption, "Thank you @seanhayes I was watching Will and Grace with my daughter many years ago and this scene came on. There was a lot to unpack!"

George Stephanopoulos was also mentioned on the hit sitcom 'FRIENDS'

After Wentworth shared the clip of 'Will & Grace', the followers in the comment section were quick to remind her that the leading ladies in another sitcom, ‘FRIENDS', also went gaga over her husband. One wrote, "Omg! I was watching Friends and last night and it was the episode when the girls get his pizza," while another stated, "I think about how your girls must laugh whenever I see the Friends episode where they get George’s pizza." A user stated, "I just finished a full rewatch of #WillandGrace and read James Burrows' book thanks to your podcast. Seriously, thanks!" "George is a cutie!" expressed one complimenting Wentworth's husband.